Develop your career and support your profession.
Members benefit from:
- A unified community platform to share best practice in laboratory medicine
- Support from the recognised trade union specifically for laboratory medicine health professionals in the UK
- An internationally peer reviewed journal – the Annals of Clinical Biochemistry
- News and updates on current issues and development opportunities in laboratory medicine through a regular newsletter and digital communications
- A programme of CPD accredited national and local education and training events at free or discounted rates
- A repertoire of educational and scientific resources and tools to support your development
- Grants, bursaries and scholarships to support your learning and scientific research and innovation
- The opportunity to contribute to the profession and build your profile through committee engagement, peer reviews and expert representation regionally, nationally and on an international stage
For health professionals with an interest in Laboratory Medicine.
Discounted rate: for new members in their first 5 consecutive years of membership - £150 per annum
Full rate: for those who have been members for longer than 5 years or have left membership since 1st January 2021 and rejoining - £240 per annum
Available to undergraduates or wholly grant supported post graduate research students who are not in employment.
Those applying for Student membership shall be asked as part of the application process for proof of student status (normally in the form of a letter in English from your academic institution outlining the start and expected finish date of your studies).
(n.b. healthcare professionals in a salaried position such as those on the NHS Scientist Training Programme would not qualify for Student membership and should apply under the Member category)