Develop your career and support your profession.
Members benefit from:
- a unified community platform to share best practice in laboratory medicine
- support from the recognised trade union for clinical scientists in the UK
- an internationally peer reviewed journal – Annals of Clinical Biochemistry
- news and updates on current issues and development opportunities in pathology through a regular newsletter and digital communications
- a programme of CPD accredited national and local education and training events at discounted rates
- grants, bursaries and scholarships to support scientific research and innovation
- the opportunity to contribute to the profession and build your profile through committee engagement, peer reviews and expert representation
- access to a range of personal and professional discounts and selected goods and services
For health professionals with an interest in Clinical Biochemistry and/or Laboratory Medicine in the UK and Ireland.
Subs Band 1: AfC up to and including 6, 7(Annex U), Medical up to and including F2, Research Fellow - £141 per annum
Subs Band 2: AfC 7 & 8A, Speciality Trainee (ST1-ST9), Lecturer, Non-clinical Senior Lecturer - £187 per annum
Subs Band 3: AfC 8B & 8C, Non-clinical Reader - £236 per annum
Subs Band 4: AfC 8D & 9, Medical Consultants, Professor, Clinical Senior Lecturer - £263 per annumPlease note that Ordinary Membership subscription is based on salary level – all Republic of Ireland as well as Medical and Academic members will be charged on an equivalent level to those divisions depending on their basic salary. Please contact the ACB staff team for further clarification.
Available to undergraduates or wholly grant supported post graduate research students resident in the UK and who are not subject to UK income tax.
Fees£59.50 per annum
Individuals fulfilling the above criteria for Ordinary Membership but working overseas.
Fees£195 per annum
Available to undergraduates or wholly grant supported post-graduate research students not resident in the United Kingdom and who are not in employment.
£59.50 per annum
For individuals engaged in the practice of Laboratory Medicine (other than clinical biochemistry, clinical immunology or clinical microbiology since membership of the Federation is included in Ordinary membership) or allied disciplines in the NHS e.g. genomics. They must hold academic qualifications equivalent to those required for Ordinary membership and wish to be represented by the Federation of Clinical Scientists and wider participation as Ordinary members of the Association would be inappropriate.
Fees£102 per annum