ACB members meeting the eligibility criteria below can ask the ACB for automatic registration on the European Register of Specialists in Laboratory Medicine.
- Completion of 9 years undergraduate and postgraduate study.
- Participation in a minimum of 5 years specialist training in an approved laboratory.
- HCPC or GMC registration.
- Be a Fellow of the Royal College of Patholoigsts (FRCPath)
- Participation in CPD activities.
- Be a fully paid up member of the ACB.
Benefits of registration
- Use the title “European Specialist in Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine” and the abbreviation “EuSpLM” after their name
- Receive a certificate as evidence that they are a registered European Specialist in Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine
- Quote the registration on their CV to indicate that they have achieved and maintained a high level of competence in Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine recognised throughout the European Union
- Receive information about the practice of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine within the European Union
- Expect a warm welcome when visiting a laboratory in any European Union country
Annual registration is renewed automatically at £15 per annum, whilst the eligibility criteria are met.
Contact the ACB team for further information
Members who do not meet the above criteria may still be able to apply directly with the European Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (EFLM).