Republic of Ireland
The Republic of Ireland Committee supports all our members in the Republic of Ireland. We work to improve all aspects of clinical science in local laboratories and join with our colleagues in the UK to take forward clinical biochemistry, immunology & microbiology as a vital part of the modern health service.
Dr Jennifer Brady - Chair, ACB Council Representative
Ms Karen Heverin - Secretary/Treasurer
Dr Janice Reeve - Regional Tutor
Mr Micheál Ryan - Regional Trainee Representative
Dr Brendan Byrne - Regional Audit Lead
Dr Paula O’Shea - Association of Clinical Biochemists in Ireland (ACBI) Representative
Ms Alison Bransfield - Ordinary Member
ACB Republic of Ireland and Association of Clinical Biochemists in Ireland Virtual Scientific Event
We are delighted to invite members and non-members to attend this upcoming virtual event taking place on the morning of Friday 29th January 2021.
For more information please visit the event page on this website.
Call for abstract submission
All delegates are invited to submit an abstract for oral presentation. Authors of abstracts will be selected to pre-record a short PowerPoint presentation to be shown at this virtual meeting (via Zoom). From these recordings judges will select a winner who will be awarded a prize on the day. We welcome abstracts relating to laboratory audit or novel research. Unfortunately as we are holding the meeting on Zoom we will not be accepting case presentations.
Abstracts should be submitted to [email protected] with the subject heading “ABSTRACT SUBMISSION” by 5pm on Friday 8th January 2021. Successful authors will be notified by Friday 15th January 2021.
Abstract submission guidelines for the joint ACB RoI region and ACBI Scientific meeting 29th January 2021 – instructions for authors
• Abstracts must be typed in Microsoft Office Word format only, using single spacing of 12-point font size in Arial font.
• The title of the abstract should be clear, concise and informative
• The author’s initials and surname should appear below the title. Author’s institutions should be listed numerically, if more than one. The presenting author should be highlighted and their email address included.
• The text of the abstract (excluding title, authors and references) must not exceed 250 words. Figures and tables are not allowed.
• The abstract text should clearly describe the study/audit, results and conclusions. Headings within the text are unnecessary. All abbreviations must be clearly defined. Statistical tests used must be specified. All abbreviations must be clearly defined.
• The presenter is responsible for the content of the abstract and assuring that all authors have been informed of the presentation and have agreed the data submitted.
• The submitting author should also be registered to attend the meeting.
ACB Republic of Ireland Annual General Meeting
Members are invited to attend the ACB Republic of Ireland Annual General Meeting taking place at 13.30-14.15h on Friday 29th January 2021 via Zoom videoconferencing.
The draft minutes of the previous AGM are available below.