Federation of Clinical Scientists
A trade union run by Clinical Scientists for Clinical Scientists
All qualifying ACB Members are automatically members of the Federation of Clinical Scientists (FCS).
The Federation is a certificated trade union which represents the interests of Clinical Scientists. It is unique in that it is run by clinical scientists for clinical scientists. Hosted by the Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine, members are represented by laboratory-based Clinical Scientists who understand your issues because they are their issues too. The Federation is responsible for the collective negotiating and representation of individual members in the NHS at local, Trust and National levels and with the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) and NHS Blood and Transplant.
With full national recognition and negotiating rights, the Federation represents all members, including trainees, of the following specialities: clinical biochemistry, cytogenetics, molecular genetics, immunology, microbiology, haematology and other clinical scientists.
All Federation officers are practising scientists; this unique commitment to clinical science benefits the industrial relations process immensely by bringing scientists' rigour and need for hard evidence to discussions.
The Federation is responsible to its membership for all matters involving industrial relations and conditions of employment and use professional legal support services with a proven track record in handling complex cases up to Employment Tribunal level.
The Federation's network of local accredited representatives is supported by regional and group officers including those from microbiology, genetics and trainee members.
If you wish to discuss an issue with your trade union, write to us via our Contact us form.
- Emma Lewis - Chair
- Lisa Garrison - Secretary
- vacant - Assistant Secretary
- Mike Cornes - National Negotiator
- Seshadri Vasan - National Officer (Microbiologists)
- Gail Norbury - National Officer (Geneticists)
- vacant - Registrar of Cases
- Ben Nicholson - Director of Finance
- vacant - Trainees Committee (Post Registrants)
- Juozas Butenas & Kathryn Price - Trainees Committee (Pre-registrants)
- Geoff Lester - Invited Member / Pensions Scheme Advisory Board
- vacant - Social Partnership Forum
- Maria Firth - Health Professions Association
- Oliver Clifford-Mobley
- Juozas Butenas & Kathryn Price - Trainee Members (Pre-registrants)
- Gail Norbury - Geneticists
- Thalia Antoniadi - Geneticists
- Seshadri Vasan - Microbiologists
- Michelle Cairns - UK Health Security Agency
- Derek McKillop - Northern Ireland
- Laura Bernstone - Northern
- Emma Lewis - North Western (Merseyside)
- vacant - North Western (North West)
- Alana Burns & Jane McNeilly - Scotland
- Oliver Clifford-Mobley - South West
- Maria Firth - Southern
- vacant - Southern
- Krithika Subramaniam - Southern
- Rosalind Cornford - Southern
- Shirley Spoors - Trent
- Geoffrey Armstrong - Wales
- Mike Cornes - West Midlands
- David Sinclair - Wessex
- Iain Woodrow - Yorkshire